Business can be tough right? So many different daily needs all competing for your limited time, while you still have those unresolved problems sitting in the back of your mind that you haven't been able to attend to yet. The worst part is that it's only a matter of time before these problems become urgent and eventually bite you. But this is your passion, your dream and what you believe in, so you put up with all the stress and headaches, accept this as being the life of a business owner and simply push through each day. This is no way to live your dream!
What if I told you that it didn't have to feel like this? What if I told you there was a secret weapon that you could use? Unfortunately I don't have a magic wand to wave over your business, and this is actually what some people are looking for. I will tell business owners that if a magic wand approach is what they want then we are not going to be a good fit as it simply does not exist. But there is something that will be much more rewarding you can use and it will not just help you to get longer lasting results but also have greater satisfaction.
What is it you ask? Advisory Boards!
I feel that when small business owners hear the word board the first thing that comes to mind is "That's only for larger business" or "I'm not successful enough to benefit", but the fact of the matter is that's simple not true. You are actually limiting your own potential by thinking this way - and missing out on secret weapon to grow your business.
In an article from Inside Small Business it was noted that the Australian Small Business and Family Enterprise Ombudsman, Kate Carnell, states that advisory boards are increasingly playing a key role in Australia's small business' success stories.
The benefits to your business
Establishing an Advisory Board will provide you with monthly expert guidance and advice to help accelerate your business. Some of the major benefits to having one in your business are;
- It allows you to "step outside your business" and look at the big picture
- To implement accountability and make sure you are prioritising and making good decisions
- Have a group of people that provide you with "Wise Council"
- Have a 3rd party independent view that helps you to focus on the important issues
- Access to knowledge and expertise on how to implement systems to avoid chasing your tail
- Creates a Stop-Check in that it provides justification to employees, suppliers and customers on why you need to delay or refuse requests. i.e. "I have to ask my advisory board, I will get back to you."
- Enables the development of a continual improvement framework and enhances the company's reputation
- Instant credibility for your business
Still unsure about how this secret weapon can help you and your business? Please get in contact and we will be more than happy to discuss your individual circumstances and the benefits you could experience in your business. It is time to work ON your business and not just IN it!